Frustration with CSS cursor.
This works in Chrome, Firefox and IE (8) (although I can't seem to get this snippet working in IE 8 on my blog)
<P style="cursor: url(/path/to/grab.png), url(/path/to/grab.cur),auto;"> Text. </P>
Problems I faced getting this to work.
- PNG file works fine on Chrome, not in IE.
- CUR file works find in IE, but not in Chrome.
- Had to download a program to make CUR files. RealWorld Cursor Editor worked.
- But Windows always re-sizes cursor files to 32 pixels x 32 pixels. So I had to resize the image in cur format to fit within the top left quadrant of a 32 pixels x 32 pixels image.
- Have to put reference to both file formats in the CSS property, and it wouldn't work in Chroms until I put the auto at the end.
cursor: url(/path/to/grab.png), url(/path/to/grab.cur),auto;.
Page that helped me with this: